37 items found, showing page 1 of 4
Partnership launches to deliver a better integrated and more locally accountable West Midlands rail network
- West Midlands Rail Executive and Great British Railways Transition Team are working on a partnership to deliver a more locally accountable railway in the West Midlands.
- The partnership will support better integration of rail into the wider public transport and active travel network in West Midlands, making journeys easier for customers.
- The partnership will deliver simplification of rail fares and integrated ticketing, aiming to achieve best value for passengers.
- Analysis of the latest rail statistics shows revenue from leisure travel grew by a fifth (19%) quarter-on-quarter
- Commuting (+6%) and business travel (+8%) also saw an uplift in the second quarter of this year (1 April to 30 June 2023), as more people are going into the office on more days
- GBRTT is bringing the industry together to better meet the needs of today’s customers, including by making ticketing simpler and better value for money, and improving communications and information
- Although this quarter has seen an uplift, rail still faces a sizable hole in its finances and GBRTT is calling for the industry to work together to go for growth
Our recommendations to Government
Our response to the King's Speech
Partnership development launches to deliver a better integrated and more locally accountable Greater Manchester rail network
- Transport for Greater Manchester and Great British Railways Transition Team are working on a partnership to deliver a more locally accountable railway in Greater Manchester
- Partnership aims to support ‘London-style’ transport network with integrated rail, bus, Metrolink and active travel in one, simple to use system
- Today marks the formal start of partnership working between local transport and national railway leaders
An recent interview with Rail Business Daily
- A year-long programme confirmed by the rail industry to celebrate 200 years of train travel in 2025
- A once-in-a-generation opportunity to inspire young people about rail
Helping to build an integrated transport network in Manchester
Telling the story of a simpler, better railway
Thank you to Derby City Council for being such gracious hosts to our Board.
"Businesses in Manchester absolutely understand, recognise and demand that transport is part of their reason to create better outcomes for their employees and the markets they serve."
We’re pleased to announce that our Lead Director, Anit Chandarana, is taking up a temporary secondment at Department for Transport (DfT) as the Rail Infrastructure Group's interim Director General.