4 items found
GBRTT joins National Rail Recovery Conference to show how it's working to create a simpler, better railway
The GBRTT team joined leading figures from across the rail industry at the National Rail Recovery Conference on Wednesday 4 May to provide an update on the organisation’s work to date preparing for the future Great British Railways and delivering other improvements now.
- overwhelming response from towns and cities with strong links to the railways across nations and regions
- public will have their say with an online vote to find home for Great British Railways
- Great British Railways will integrate the railways and deliver simpler, cheaper, passenger-focused travel
The Advisory Panel for the Great British Railways Transition Team (GBRTT), chaired by Keith Williams, met for the first time on Wednesday 19 January 2022. The Panel has been appointed to oversee, steer and advise the transition team responsible for creating Great British Railways, the new public body that will bring the railways back together and end a quarter century of fragmentation.
Great British Railways Transition Team take first steps towards transforming our railways with launch of call for evidence
- Great British Railways Transition Team launch call for evidence for Strategic Plan that will help provide clear long-term plans for the future of our railways
- Following on from the ambitious Williams-Shapps Plan for Rail, the call for evidence asks for views on how rail can boost the economy, level up the regions and deliver environmentally sustainable transport
- Rail and transport industry and beyond, including business leaders, innovators, technologists, home builders, entrepreneurs and environmentalists are invited to take part in shaping first-of-its-kind future strategy for rail.